środa, 19 lutego 2014

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."- Elbert Hubbard

Note to myself #1
Before I arrived I thought that American high school schools teach students to think. Now I know that it’s just bunch of gibberish. Even if school here is not based on memorizing, it is NOT invented to create independent minds. It’s not a purpose of any school, anywhere in the world and I suppose I should learn to deal with it, but... It just doesn't feel right.
Now excuse me, I need to answer billion questions about chapters 9-12, which makes me incapable of focusing on the content of the book, but only on searching for answers.

Note to myself #2
Why does American Idol divide participants basing on their gender? What if they’ve divided them basing on the color of the skin? Huh? What would happen then? That’s not that different, guys.

If I were in charge, I would divide them basing on something completely irrelevant. Group of people who prefer coffee and group who prefers tea. Cat-lovers and dog-lovers. People who would rather hike in mountains than sunbath on the beach. Or just make them count to two. 

5 komentarzy:

  1. You forgot about the color of the eyes!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lancashire/plain/A1132480
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/etc/view.html

    yeah, but counting to two is probably better... :/

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. I've heard about this experiment, but I think grouping people basing on ANY feature of their body is wrong.
      They could have draw lots or something like that.

      Usuń
  2. what about sport? I hope divide participants basing on their gender is ok?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. That's different, because they are competing with each other and men are physically stronger than women, that's a fact.
      I would be fine with the show dividing people basing on their gender, if they had to compete for the best female voice and male voice (I mean- "the best tenor singer", "the best soprano singer" etc), but they do not do that. They had to split the participants and they've simply decided that their sex is the best determinant.

      Usuń
  3. This film is awesome.
    I don't say that men are worse than women, but they're too proud to confess to people are equal. Men think that women haven't any feelings. This is sad that people aren't treating fairly. I think that people should have more tolerance to each other. Sex - it doesn't matter. Colour of skin - it doesn't matter. Descent - it doesn't matter. I can't understand people who think in another way. EVERY PERSON IS EQUAL!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń