niedziela, 16 lutego 2014

“I was worried about my own vagina. It needed a context of other vaginas- a community, a culture of vaginas. There's so much darkness and secrecy surrounding them- like the Bermunda Triangle.” -Eve Ensler "The Vagina Monologues"

And here it came, the half-year-abroad crisis, nothing’s new, nothing’s extraordinarily interesting, I don’t really have anything to write about.

There’s not that much I could write about. Nate (my brother) and Brianna (Nate’s best friend) took me to St. Mary’s college for a Chinese New Year Dumpling Party, we ate a lot and enjoyed ourselves. A day later we made a perfume, scattered oatmeal in a pantry, laughed our heads off and didn’t get enough sleep during the night. Somewhere around that time my host family taught Lily (little, almost 5 year old, sister) that she had never been in mommy’s ‘belly’ but she was in her uterus. And then they asked her to repeat the word uterus. Firstly it seemed funny to me, but after few minutes I realized that it’s actually the best way to do it. I remember how hard it was for me to imagine how a baby can get out of the ‘belly’ when I was little. Moreover I truly believe that educating kids to say words like UTERUS without embracement, talking about our bodies on regular basis and treating the subject totally naturally (as it is natural) may lead only to good things.

Hanging out with Nate and Brianna helped me to notice some thoughts I’ve been having, verbalize them and start developing my beliefs. So far I see that we match perfectly with our ideas (f. ex. Nate is vegetarian too) and I’m learning a lot from them. On Friday (14.02) the V-day took place (no, it’s not a valentine’s day), and to dignify it the College theater department prepared a special show. Brianna was a part of it and she invited me (Nate was out of the state for weekend) to see them performing “The Vagina Monologues on Saturday (15.02). When she firstly mentioned it I confused this book with Charlotte Roche’s one, but when I realized the mistake I decided to read a book. Luckily we had Thursday and Friday off (snow, duuuh) and I had time to finish my reading. I shouldn’t have done it, as the play wasn’t as exciting afterwards, even if it was still a pretty good play.

For a few days before I was working really hard to make Edward go with me, but he in his all cuteness didn’t really wanted to say no, even if idea of leaving home doesn’t appeal to him at all. Finally I went only with Brianna and Rebecca, but if you have any tips how to make an Asian dude socialize with me, let me know asap! ;)

We arrived to college an hour before a show, because Brianna needed to prepare to perform. Rebecca and I were walking around chit-chatting about clitoris piercings (because one of the actresses, Brianna’s friend, was introduced to us as ‘the one who got her clit pierced a week ago’, so we needed to discuss it. It’s so unfair that my cartilage is still sore, and her vagina feels normal after only a few days. But don’t worry mom, I’m not planning to get pierced anything else but my nose :)).

We bought a ‘feminist, hand-made pins’ (that’s literally what they told us) and sit just behind two cuddling girls to enjoy 80 minutes of Vagina Monologues!

I spent entire Sunday (16.02) reading two books at once (in two different languages) and discovering, that having hips may be an obstacle while playing hide and seek. 

+I've changed my Personal Living class to English 10, when I'm supposed to learn a little about "world literature" from american point of view. So far, after one class, I was taught that boys write journals and girls write diaries, but I'll try not to judge a teacher after only one joke. 

2 komentarze:

  1. I hope you're will write long post again :)
    You've 6 month in USA yet. Be happy :) This is amazing adventure :D

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Módlmy się o ofiary starć na Ukrainie. Niech żyje wolna Ukraina!!!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń