niedziela, 16 marca 2014

"For almost 18 years you’re taught to sit down, shut up, and raise your hand. Then you have to decide what you’re going to do for the rest of your life."-Lavon Curtis

Firstly, before I bore the pants off you with all details from my extraordinarily exciting life I want to prove that I’m working very hard in school here and that it’s not true that American High School doesn’t require me to cut down my sleep to finish all those crazily difficult assignments. So for everyone who questions my effort, here comes a picture from very boring and exhausting day in LHS:
Since I left you over two weeks ago (seems like much longer, doesn't it?) I've done plenty of fun stuff. There were so many of them that, to be honest, I don't feel like writing about anything in here (because I have my pictures, and my journal, and my own head full of memories), so thank my mom nicely, because I'm doing it mostly for her.
Starting from 1st of March my life was pretty filled with fun, not obvious-fun, but little things that make you happy. I met my older sister, who came back from college for a spring break, and ate in Indian restaurant (where everything is too spicy for my taste). I had a chance to try masala chi (kind of a tea); we ordered entire pot, but our Korean brothers didn't like it, so we got to drink all of it!
I visited two Amish farms, where my host parents buy milk, cheese and eggs. They didn't look the way I expected them to, but both women I met were dressed the "traditional" way.
Other than that I was constantly repeating phrase "mandu, mandu, maaaanduuuu, mandu", which was taught to us by Andrew, the oldest of my (Korean) bothers. My skills of survive Korean street life have definitely increased, as well as my assimilation to American culture, because somebody's 18 birthday party with parents in a house doesn't seem weird anymore (okey, it still does, but not THAT MUCH as on a beginning).

On Saturday (15.03) we (meaning me, Nate, Brianna, and Lily) took advantage of beautiful weather (20*C!) and visited Solomon Island, where we started with picking up Rebecca and visiting Annmarie Gardens, a sculpture park and art gallery. The gallery contained mostly modern art, but by "modern" I mean "made in 2000s" not a genre of art. I literally fell in love with a few pieces, but what I liked the most was a part that was supposed to talk about recycling.
sculpture made entirely from plastic bottles, paint and glitter.
Additionally they didn't try to pretend that they are more serious that necessary, and thew following open for us:
"LOOK! This picture shows, how pole dance is not only for strippers, that you can do it because it's fun. LET'S TAKE A PICTURE WITH IT."
Brianna&Rebecca
They even had this little art place, where everyone could do their own piece with bottle tops. Guess who enjoyed it the most? Yeah, you're right, a four year old and me.
Bottle top art, guyz!
Our art.
After indoor part, we run outside and started exploring. It was really well prepared, both for adults and kids, I LOVED IT, especially that since I came to US I don't get to spend that much time on a fresh air (who would think, that I'm going to miss my long walks to school and back?).
We've also went to a beach and walk into the water without shoes (again, only Lily and me) and came back home around 6pm, tired and hungry, but definitely happy. 

4 komentarze:

  1. a jak pozbieramy odpowiednią ilość kolorowych zakrętek i pozwolimy ci pomalować las to wrócisz?!! :)
    Mum- "I'm doing it mostly for her"

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I envy you this awesome places - museums, galleries etc. In America this is very nice and interesting. There the truth is sentence that People are able to study for a have fun.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Hey! I'm reading every single post on your blog! So, Maria's mom, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    Seriously, please don't quit writing I love your style and posts. They actually make my day :)
    I have a small question. You mentioned that you have your own journal. Do you write it in Polish, or in English? Just asking, don't worry :)
    Kisses from your fan,
    Anna :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Actually, that's a really good question!
      I'm writing in English, and I need to say that when I started I didn't even think about it, it seemed to be the most natural thing in the entire world. I realized that what I'm writing is not in my native language after almost a paragraph :)
      I have a few quotes in polish and some random notes, but in general everything is kept in english :)

      Usuń