piątek, 20 grudnia 2013

"In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea"

Night between Friday and Saturday (14.12) was a tough one. I was smart enough to place the baby just right next to me on a bed so I didn't have to actually stand up every time it cried (and it did cry, believe me).
Even if the baby decided to party hard entire night I still had some responsibilities in the morning. Exactly at 9 I showed up in school, with baby screaming at the top of his lungs because I have accidentally bumped his head into something (oh well) to help building set for one acts. We had so much fun eating donuts (If I were in Poland I would probably have said that I ate too many of them. But since it’s America and I’m an exchange student, I’ll only say that I ate enough), drilling, painting and listening to Broadway Music. I’d like to encourage you all to read about and listen through songs from “The book of Mormon”, which is just hilarious. In this place I’d like to dedicate a song to my dear friend, who has a cow-alike nose-ring, gay-hairdo, girlfriend, negative attitude, likes to yell at people (LIKE MY BABY!) and who almost failed PE last year. Hihihooooo, ENJOY!
After I come back home I tried not to fall asleep, because I had to prepare for a costume party, which was one of the most awesome parties I went to.
We received an envelope with invitation few weeks before party, after some time we received another envelope with description of our character (I was Gretel, from Gretel and Hansel, who killed a witch in candy house). We had to prepare a costume and arrive "in character". Everyone knew part of a story, which was complicated (you won't believe how complicated can a relationship between Rapunzel and Hansel be or how foxy Red Riding Hood is). We were trying to achieve our objectives, until mid-party (?) when lights went off, Snow White was murdered and everything changed. I really enjoy theatre-kids parties, it's much different that ones back home (I have never been a party animal, but I can say I miss polish parties a little).

On Sunday (15.12) I went shopping. I need to admit I’m really proud of my baby who cried only once (somewhere between meat and cheese). We (with host family) have also made pierogi.
On Monday (16.12) during rehearsal cast worked on set. I decided to leave something to be remembered.
Director/theatre teacher told me, that he will not let me go and that now I need to stay forever. I'm going to take it into consideration. :)

On Tuesday (17.12) after I turned in my baby, I presented a powerpoint about Poland and decided to say something about differences I've discovered. I was talking about their "How are you" question, and that they do not show other emotions than joy when they are with other people, tips, prizes without tax (the biggest nonsense in entire world) and than I mentioned something called "the day I saw a boy's back" on my slide. Basically every time I'm going with a boy to a classroom chit-chatting (which don't happen often, as my intellect overwhelms high school boys. At least that's what I'm trying to persuade myself while passing by all those couples who enjoy themselves too much) and time to enter the room comes, he enters the door and comes in first. It happens that often, that when someone finally held the door for me I felt really weird.

After rest of presentations when bell rang I stayed a minute longer and realized that guy who always teases me (and I'm as rude as possible in return, because he thinks that I'm teasing him back anyway) was waiting for me holding the door and yelling my name (in Hispanic version, Marijjjjjjjjjjaaaaaa). 

On Tuesday (17.12) one kid in GSA was so confused with me being vegetarian and eating rice. Because rice is a chopped fish, IS IT NOT!?!?!?

On Thursday (19.12) I was chilling doing Christmas activity, overhearing some girls freaking out when seeing a police car outside, not realizing that teacher casually closed the door until she told us, that first period has become extended and we will have to stay a little longer. “A little longer” turned out to be almost three hours, and a reason was simple- bomb threat.
So I finished decorating my glitter ornaments with my name, year and flag (for my host family, so they can hang me on a tree!), worked on homework and watched a movie. I’m glad we were locked in that classroom, mostly because it’s the only classroom in entire school that has a bathroom (so I could enjoy my tea without worrying about humane stuff).
I've also made my first gingerbread house EVER. It’s actually a little bit deceptive, as it is made of graham crackers. Take a look at my doorknob!
I even added a chimney!
I also tried to make kopytka and I almost had an attack of hysteria when I realized that I can’t cook. (Actually there were small hysteria attack, but I really tried hard to hide it. I've officially become an American. They think that showing sadness in public place is a sin.)
I asked Gabriel for mental support, and he laughed so hard that it automatically made my day better. Or maybe it was an offer to bring some polish ice cream. “They are just like normal ice-cream, but in different wrapper.”

On Friday (20.12) we had a “culture day” in Global and people pretended to like my cooking. I just wanted to say, that it was unfair from the very beginning, because I DON’T HAVE MY MOM TO HELP ME WITH COOKING. :<

On English we should have been doing some things, but we decided that we have better things to do, so girly-girls were gossiping, boys were doing nothing, I was reading (without a dictionary. A sterling book. I'm so fluent/smart) and teacher and one of the boys were playing some magic-card RPG game with one guy using vocabulary such as "mana". I love that class. 

+I'm honored to announce, that I've received the only female non-singing part in spring musical. (that's very good, I was auditioning for this exact part. I can't sing but I didn't want to give up theatre). 

2 komentarze:

  1. BOŻE MARIA! Jaka cudowna piosenka! Wiele zmieniła w moim życiu! Od dziś wcielam wszystkie rady z tej piosenki w moje życie. Umieram ze śmiechu :D

    I dziś już jestem positive-attitude. Mam nadzieję, że tylko attitude... :D

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Dobra notka nie jest zła :3
    Fajnie się czyta po angielsku, ale nie wiem, czy albo mój angielski jest na tak niskim poziomie, czy po prostu dziś nie miałam weny do czytania w tym języku, ale nie mogłam zrozumieć dużej ilości rzeczy.

    Twoje dziecko, Chris o ile dobrze pamiętam, jest takie słodkie ^^ Fajnie siedzi na tej kanapie..

    To teraz zaserwuj swoim hostom knedle ;D

    OdpowiedzUsuń